New Heating Systems and Boilers in Kent from Invicta Building Services
Contact Invicta Building Services in Kent Quality CertificationsGas Safe Certifications
Invicta Building Services Invicta Building Services
Invicta Building Services provide Boiler Replacement Services in Kent

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Posted in: Domestic
By
Sep 17, 2010 - 5:33:10 AM

Would you like a free carbon monoxide detector complying with BS EN 50291?

Well that's what you could get when Invicta replaces your gas boiler or upgrades your existing heating system.

Invicta are offering a free carbon monoxide detector to the first 25 customers who place an order with us by the end of October 2010.

Carbon monoxide poisoning is the cause of many accidental deaths every year and occurs when a gas appliance is not installed correctly, is poorly maintained or not properly ventilated.

And you can't see, smell or taste it and being exposed to carbon monoxide can cause brain damage and even death.

But there are some tell tale signs if an appliance is faulty; these include:

  • the pilot light continually blows out
  • the flame appears orange or yellow (instead of blue)
  • a black, brown or scorched area on the appliance
  • a musty smell or signs of soot
  • more condensation than normal on windows

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can include diarrhoea, dizziness, fatigue, headaches, nausea, stomach or chest pains and erratic behaviour.

Contact Invicta now if you suspect that one of your gas appliances may be faulty.