Keep Your Home Safe
Dec 6, 2010 - 7:26:48 AM
It's important to keep your home safe and warm during freezing weather.
So, here's some tips to reduce the risk of freezing pipes this winter.
- Leave the heating on to maintain an air temperature of at least 5c (40F) - especially if you're away for more than a day or two;
- Lag all pipes and tanks in your loft space;
- Check your loft insulation to ensure it is think enough and in good condition;
- Know where your main stopcock is located and ensure you can turn it off and on in case of an emergency;
- Open the loft trap/door so warm air can circulate;
- Get any dripping tapes repaired;
- Ensure your boiler is serviced regularly;
- Check radiators to ensure that all areas are hot enough - if the temperature is not consistent in all areas the radiator may need bleeding.
If you're at all concerned about the efficiency of your central heating system, call Invicta now and we'll do our best to resolve the problem without your having to book an engineer's visit.