New Heating Systems and Boilers in Kent from Invicta Building Services
Contact Invicta Building Services in Kent Quality CertificationsGas Safe Certifications
Invicta Building Services Invicta Building Services
Invicta Building Services provide Boiler Replacement Services in Kent

Rogue Traders

Posted in: Domestic
Oct 3, 2010 - 4:58:18 AM

Landlords have a legal responsibility to keep all gas appliances working safely and efficiently.

This is achieved through an annual gas safety check carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

But many landlords still flout their legal obligations and engage unqualified engineers - 'cos they're cheap! They are putting their tenants lives at risk!

So if an engineer calls to carry out any work on a gas appliance, always insist on inspecting their Gas Safe Register ID card.

On the front of the card you will be able to check that the card is still valid, and on the reverse of the card you can see the domestic works that the engineer can lawfully undertake (e.g. Cooker and Gas Boiler). The date appearing alongside each category of work is the date up to which works can be carried out.

And if in doubt, you can always check the validity of the card holder by calling Gas Safe Register 0800 408 5500 (or by going to their website

Once the annual service has been carried, the engineer will usually provide a copy of the Landlord's Gas Safety Inspection certificate for the tenants' retention.